Senior Electronics Test Engineer
An experienced engineer within the UK electronics verification team. Our team provides electronics test support across all categories in RDD through
Development verification support
HIL system verification
Organised home trials
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Understand how products function and what determines good or bad performance.
Work with project teams to determine test needs.
Take ownership of system verification across a number of different product categories
Specify test equipment and tools and infrastructure required for systems testing
Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice across Dyson.
Coordinate with test teams across multiple technical disciplines.
Contribute to the definition and refinement of systems engineering processes.
- Labview expertise, preferably to CLAD level.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent an Engineering discipline. Electronics,Electrical or Systems preferred.
- Experience managing or supervising engineering teams
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Proven, structured approach to engineering verification, test procedures and equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.