Senior Technician - NPI New Category
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
* Use of a wide range of workshop equipment to produce high precision parts and assemblies using a combination of model making, fabrication and machining techniques.
* Work closely and communicate clearly with engineers to interpret and understand design intent for components.
* Offer advice and guidance to engineers on the most effective and efficient method to produce prototype components.
* Manage and organise the safe and effective use of NPI New Category laboratories by the team.
* Be responsible for purchasing / replacing tools, equipment and consumables for NPI New Category laboratories.
* Take ownership of all health and safety aspects affecting the NPI New Category laboratories, including: COSHH register, risk assessments, safe working practices etc.
•A high degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
•A thorough and logical approach to ensure parts are produced right first time.
•Ability to work quickly and safely, under pressure from tight timescales.
•A broad experience of using a range of workshop machinery (including CNC and CAD/CAM equipment).
•An understanding of or experience of working with a range of materials and prototyping processes.
•Proficiency in the use of other general types of workshop equipment such as hand tools and standard lathes / mills.
• General administrative skills for record keeping, order processing, safety certification, etc.