Senior Engineer - Advanced Quality
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
The Senior Engineer for Advanced Quality will support the identification and mitigation of all risks that applies to supply chain and manufacturing quality. You will drive alignment of product design to supply chain and manufacturing capabilities.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The Global Quality and Reliability team are a key department within the development cycle ensuring products are built to last and meet all customer expectations not least of which is that they are safe to use. Organised by product category, the safety team review all projects as they move through the development cycle and feedback to the design and test teams where there are potential concerns.
As the Senior Engineer for Advanced Quality, you will be understanding and influencing design/performance requirements to align/meet supplier or contract manufacturer’s capabilities.
Your role will include guiding and influencing Dyson generated specifications (including drawings) to include all necessary requirements to control the identified and agreed CTQs.
- You will ensure
identified CTQ control points are reviewed, understood and agreed with receiving teams.
Support the Advance Quality Managers in ensuring accountability, timely delivery and closure of all risks and actions prior to ramp.
Generate technical checklists to be used in conjunction with related supply chain selection/assessments and development.
- Supplier audits, assessments, conclusions and recommendations.
- Supplier quality development relating to gaps identified during audits / assessments.
- Support the supplier selection process by providing technical capability and quality audits of potential suppliers with conclusions and recommendations.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of an Engineering field such as Mechanical and/or Electro Mechanical.
- Experience leading / supporting technical and quality change programmes / projects.
Experience of SPC controls and robust manufacturing controls
- Effective influencing skills across the wider business including all functions within Dyson
- Ability to balance the day to day challenges of multiple projects, progress reporting, working across time zones and cross-functional teams
- Pragmatic approach to working – balancing technical performance requirements, quality and manufacturing risks, problems and root cause solutions are rarely straightforward and involve people, processes and systems – their effective systemic resolution is unlikely to be trivial.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.