Senior Engineer - Quality Planning
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Quality team of our automotive function
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Drive the execution of the quality plan in the PMT
- Ensure the delivery of quality requirements into product specifications whilst supporting the Programme Module Team
- Ensure the delivery of quality deliverables and product quality targets in the milestone process
- Coordinate the deployment of requirements into the operations and procurement activities
- Support the supplier selection process •Monitor and report on product creation via. the quality planning process internally and in the supply chain
- Lead the resolution of quality problems found in the pre-production phases
- Assist in the development maintenance of the Quality Management System
- Experience of operating within automotive quality management systems (E.g. IATF 16949, VDA 6)
- Demonstrable experience of automotive Product Quality Planning processes (E.g. APQP, Maturity Level Assurance)
- Practical knowledge of quality assurance and problem solving methodologies used of the automotive industry (E.g. 8D, 6-Sigma, Kepner Treygoe, SPC, DoE)
- An ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving
- An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently
- Experience of the management of a small team of Engineers
- Ability to orchestrate work across a number of different components / systems simultaneously
- Experience of quality assurance in the supply chain, manufacturing and assembly
- Experience of New Product Introduction across one of the following areas: Body & Exterior, Interior & HVAC, Chassis & Drive Systems, Electrical & Electronic, EV Motors & Power Systems
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values that would result in great Dyson products
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner
- Excellent team working skills. A creative and agile mind, and a desire to develop your design and development skills in a fast pace environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.