Senior Safety Attribute Engineer - Pedestrian Protection / Low Speed Impact
Competitive + benefits
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
- Responsible for vehicle performance in pedestrian protection and low speed impact loadcase.
- Act as key interface to upper body structure team for all aspects of safety attribute included cascaded targets & validation methodologies.
- Manage tests for systems / components within this scope with help from test Engineers.
- 3 years + experience working in the field of vehicle safety
- Experience in application & interpretation of CAE methodology in automotive environment.
- Calm, detailed focused individual
- Experience of use of formal problem solving methodology (e.g. 6 Sigma, 8D, PSS) to find root cause and resolve complex issues.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to integrate with wider commodity delivery teams.
- Good negotiation / persuasion techniques
- Experience in project management / test planning
- Experience working in delivery of specific are of safety attribute
- Knowledge of pedestrian safety legislation
- Experience working in delivery of upper body commodities
- Wider safety commodity experience.