Senior Electronics Engineer - switches / switchgear
Applicants for this particular role must have directly applicable experience in switches of any description (push, rotary, lever)
• Write, interpret and apply detailed component engineering specifications for switch/switchgear
• Ensure that all of the requirements and targets are met.
• Complete RFQ’s, design enquiries to obtain feasibility, costs and timing for implementations
• Keep track of latest switch technologies across a variety of industries
• Coordinate and manage suppliers on design and delivery.
• Raise and manage engineering part releases.
• Support all prototype build, virtual and real (including rigs)
As a senior employee, a successful applicant will be expected to communicate confidently at all levels within business and the supply base. • Good project management skills. • Develop the concept, proving key technologies and demonstrating the system feasibility. • Demonstrate designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through design reviews and analysis. • Assist in the personal development of junior team members.
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
Education and experience: • Minimum BEng/MEng degree in engineering.
Minimum technical knowledge: • Ability to understand wider electrical systems; understanding of mechanical characteristics of switches. Confident in the application of NPI, NPD, DVP and gateway disciplines • Experience of capacitive sense, rotary, push, lever switches / switchgear. Good PC skills and must be IT literate Essential behavioural skills: • Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail. • Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format. • The ability to take a leadership position within a project with little direction. • Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values. • To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of research teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner. • Excellent team working skills.