As well as a passion for design and innovation you’ll need to have a degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent. You'll also need previous relevant experience of mechanical engineering with a sound understanding and knowledge of physical principles
But more importantly you’ll bring the ability to combine creative thinking with technical expertise. Our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, fail again. It’s an iterative process. To be different takes resilience and patience. But in this role you’ll see first-hand how your discipline feeds into each product lifecycle. And above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent.
• Previous relevant experience of product design or mechanical engineering.
• Proven track record of managing resource and delivering to time scales.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of basic physical principles.
• Knowledge and understanding of injection moulding and manufacturing.
• Experience in adhesive construction preferred.
• Experience in composite structural materials. A creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
• Proven ability to communicate through 2 and 3 dimensional media, e.g. sketching, CAD, model making.
• A good balance of practical and theoretical skills; calculations from first principles; prototype rig building and establishing test methods to analyse the design.
• Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with other teams in RDD.
• Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self starter - ability to work independently.
• Experience with CAD surface modelling