Lead Ergonomist - Automotive
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source.
For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Manage a team into innovative UX concepts
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas
- Understand and dictate control and feedback requirements
- Manage concepts with design and engineering teams as well as senior management
- Define Specification of solutions to suit the requirements of electronics – Interior – Exterior teams.
- Play a leading role in developing systems for next generation products.
- Develop product feature lists and user cases to make rationalised design decisions.
- Collaborate to construct user trials to evaluate design feasibility and analyse and present results.
- Create and own HMI Ergonomics specs and requirements documentation through to production.
- You will be responsible for Developing and agreeing concepts with design teams and will report on key management status and possible improvements.
- Bachelor degree in Ergonomics, Design or Human Factor (or related field)
- 5 + years Automotive experience - supporting 2 or more OEM vehicle programmes from concept to production.
- Experience with Ergonomics Testing, prototyping and mockup tools.
- Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
- Creative and methodical problem solving skills.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude Excellent team-working skills.
- Experience in HMI (Human Machine Interaction).
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that,
you will be invited to join the company bonus scheme, get 27 days annual leave and you’ll qualify for life assurance. You will also have access to our free on-site gym with regular fitness classes (subject to membership availability) and two on-site cafés which cater to a variety of tastes. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.