Senior Finance Manager
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
The Senior Finance manager will be the primary finance lead. They will partner with business to build and challenge plans, ensuring delivery of business targets and financial goals. Fundamental to the role will be a clear understanding of how to scale a premium brand without damaging its reputation and brand equity. They must have unquestionable integrity and be capable of implementing good governance.
It will require mentoring and grooming talent in the finance organisation and building and leveraging great relationships across the Dyson world (SEA, ROA Group and other markets) and across functions and levels.
Dyson SEA is young and ambitious and our goal is to become a key contributor to the bottom line for both in APAC and at total global level.
With increasing scale and complexity of business in the region, we need a strong, financially savvy business leader to join the SEA management team and help shape the future of the organization.
Dyson made a major strategic expansion into Asia which has been the driver of a very significant part of our global growth over the last five years. Within APAC, Southeast Asia is the youngest group of markets and as such offers some of the most exciting opportunities, in addition to providing tremendous opportunity to build scale.
At present, it comprises 5 markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines). Dyson has already established big market leadership in Singapore in all of the categories in which it plays. The Singapore business tripled over the last two years and is the largest part market in the portfolio but there’s still big opportunity to scale further. For the other markets, we’re just scratching the surface. There’s huge scope to scale fast in each one.
Big, broad deliverables include:
- Use macro and micro economic information, Dyson data and other data available in the market to advise on where, when and how we go to market, with what, to maximise success.
- Shape, prepare and participate in negotiations with retailers, distributors and other third parties; developing a detailed understanding of the business to facilitate that.
Challenge the business to think big (supported by clear presentation of opportunities and risks and how we can access /overcome them)
- Drive commercial success while being a pillar of integrity
Nuts and bolts accountabilities:
- Management accounting, reporting and analysis
- Drive commercial and business performance culture through development, measurement and reporting of cross functional KPIs.
- Manage global planning/actual submission requirements.
- Support and challenge commercial finance decision making
- Create strong cross-functional relationships at all levels in order to bring a commercial-mindset to functional choices.
- Deliver insights from sales reporting/P&L to influence plans and strategies.
- Review gross margin performance by sku, product category demonstrating insights on margin development.
- Ensure robust governance around rebates, promotional spend and brand building investments; analysis and reporting
- Analyse, shape and sign-off changes to customer terms
- Drive customer profitability tracking for key channels
- Ensure pre and post-activity measurement and evaluation of key pricing execution, trading terms and shopper activity across channels.
- Ownership of Short, medium & long term planning cycle.
- Short term: Rolling P&L forecasting (LE), Regular and ad hoc analysis and insights
- Medium term: Annual Plan: P&L forecasting and review; Strategy development support
- Long-term: Operational & finance strategy, structures and processes; Organisation strategy development support
People & Leadership
- Coach, develop Finance Business Partner and Sales Executive.
- Influence all levels of the organisation though impactful communications, passion, business partnering and collaboration.
- Support and improve the capability of the Sales and Marketing teams in how to effectively use information generated by commercial team for enhanced decision making.
Candidates will have the following personal characteristics:
- High IQ + EQ
- Analytical & Entrepreneurial
- High paced + structured
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity
- Deconstructs one complex problems to multiple simple ones
Candidates will demonstrate well-developed skills in the following areas:
Change Driver/Influencer: The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to rally an organization across functions and levels and drive transformative change. S/he is able to make a compelling case for change and engage others on the journey to successful implementation of new ideas and processes.
Commercial Acumen: The ideal candidate has a successful track record of identifying commercial opportunities and capitalizing on them. S/he has demonstrated the ability to discern the largest revenue and profit opportunities for the business and prioritize them. S/he also has exhibited in streamlining business as usual and is adept at formalizing processes and controls to ensure efficient and compliant financial operations.
Strategic Orientation: The ideal candidate takes a broad view of the market, synthesizing disparate pieces of information into a cohesive set of decisions and actions. S/he is able to think in the short and long-term about category and market opportunities, and understands the broader impact on the organization. Data is at the core of his/her decision-making process, but s/he achieves balance between time needed to gather and analyze data and speed to act.
Holistic View: The ideal candidate is a “quick study” on marketplace dynamics, and is able to derive non-obvious insights from a wide data set. Joining various dots and translating that into a financial plan is at the core of what S/he does. S/he has proven skills at leveraging key insights to create and execute business-building action plans.