Senior Finance Manager
Calamba, Laguna Philippines
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially.
The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
The team will be fully responsible for the site’s financial reporting, control and compliance. It will work closely with the SEA offices in Singapore and Malaysia as well as Group Finance in the UK to achieve all its deliverables.
- Management and development of people within your team – a key objective will be to develop the potential of individuals within the team.
- To ensure the control environment is robust, e.g. effective segregation of duties, eliminating the risk of fraud or collusion (internal and external) in areas of spend etc
- Responsible for the company finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the company's general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets and month end accounting recs
- Monthly detailed management reporting and KPI analysis to local directors and group finance team
- Cash flow forecasting
- Audit Compliance
- Tax & Transfer Pricing Compliance
- Legal and Company Secretarial Compliance
- Liaison with external organisations - banks, auditors and government organisations such as MIDA in Malaysia.
- Analysis of subcontractor activity and financial statements
- Liaison with HQ finance teams, attending month end review meetings and presenting company results.
- Development and oversight of APAC shared service centre
- Oversight of SAP Centralise PO team
- Ad hoc Project Work
- Qualified accountant , ACCA, ICAEW, CPA with experience in a controlling role
- At least 15 years of working experience of which 8 years in the senior position.
- Technically strong on accounting standards and taxation knowledge.
- Project management
- SAP experience or other systems implementation
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance.