Senior Financial Accountant
$ Competitive Base + Super + Bonus
We are looking for a bright, motivated and diligent Senior Financial Accountant to join our team and support the Australia and New Zealand finance operations by providing all elements of financial and management reporting.
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve people’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their homes clean. As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader.
Our Finance Team are critical to the success, growth and stability of the business. The core finance pillars of Integrity & Commercial Success underpin an exceptional level of business partnering that delivers joint success for the organization. The team’s focus is on the control environment, accurate timely reporting and analysis, process improvements to enable the business to scale, and dynamic business partnering truly contributing to the growth and success of the company.
To continue to support the company’s ambitious plans and future growth, we are looking for a bright, motivated and diligent Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Planning & Reporting Manager, you will support the Australia and New Zealand finance operations by providing all elements of financial and management reporting.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the month end close & reporting process including balance sheet reconciliations and sign off, responding to Group on month end transactional or performance queries, and recording the monthly revaluation
- Local and group tax compliance including monthly GST calculations and BAS, withholding tax, dividends and corporation tax returns
- Technical Accounting and ownership of the internal control environment – lead the implementation of new accounting standards, own local accounting standards, preparing accounting memos
- Managing intercompany reconciliations, loans, recharges and agreements
- Facilities accounting and Payables and Purchasing
You are a CA or CPA qualified Accountant with ideally 1-3 years PQE in industry or a bright qualified accountant with strong commercial acumen looking for a first move into industry. You are known for being a self-starter with strong business partnering capability and a great team player.
To be successful you will also need to demonstrate:
- Strong technical accounting skills
- SAP experience and Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Able to organize and work to strict deadlines
Our pursuit for perfection and a better way permeates throughout Dyson. Our engineers set the pace and direction, and our commercial team’s partner with those bright and creative minds to maximise the potential of their emerging technologies. They invent new ways to market and new strategies for looking after Dyson owners and empowering Dyson people.
This unique partnership, driven by our shrewd and inspiring leaders, enables you to plot a career on your own path. We’ll give you trust, progression and stretch opportunities in roles all over the world. How far you go is up to you.
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realising ambition.