Senior Financial Analyst – Americas FP&A
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Coordinate the Dyson Americas regional consolidation and US FP&A reporting and analytics, while shaping and improving the logistics, overhead, and other cost of sales budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analytics capabilities within the US.
For a Dyson machine to be successful, it requires rigorous commercial consideration. From the first prototype, to beyond its unboxing. Our strong financial planning and operations are what take Dyson ideas beyond the labs of RDD, onto shelves, and into the homes of our owners across the world. Forecasting, allocating and auditing our resources without ever compromising the integrity and entrepreneurial spirit that defines our business. And with a 25-year pipeline of future Dyson machines on the horizon, all our Finance teams are set to play a crucial role in delivering every single one.
Dyson Americas Regional Consolidation, Reporting and Analytics
- Collect information across the Americas markets and consolidate for forecasting and reporting to Americas Leadership Team and global group organization
- Report and analyze results across markets and categories for review with Americas President and CFO
- Field inquiries and conduct ad-hoc financial analysis related to Americas performance vs. budget, forecast and prior year and present to Americas Leadership team and global group organization
US Market FP&A – Monthly close, forecast and annual budget preparation and analysis – US Market
- Cross-functional coordination of monthly forecast development and submission; orchestrating and monitoring progress of key activities to meet required deadlines
- Collect and submit US forecasts and budget into Onestream; Ensure that the information communicated is accurate, timely and consistent with the direction of the global organization
- Analyze category P&Ls and key metrics related month end results and latest forecast vs. prior forecast, budget and prior year
- Field inquiries related to forecast from US Leadership Team and group organization and conduct ad-hoc financial analysis related to category P&L’s
- Develop key reporting through use of Onestream, SAP, BW and Excel
Logistics and Other Cost of Sales forecasting, reporting and analytics
- Provide accurate, relevant and reliable month end actuals for each cost component along with variance analyses explaining the results vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget
- Partner with Logistics and Sales Operations team to accurately forecast logistics and other cost of sales on a monthly basis and budget on an annual basis
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to identify and implement cost savings opportunities
- Provide ad-hoc financial support for cost center managers, for example supporting business case justifications, capex request and other scenario modeling
Overheads – Planning, Forecasting and Analysis
- Oversee Overhead Cost Center reporting and analysis
- Provide accurate, relevant and reliable month end figures for each cost center along with variance analyses explaining the results vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget
- Provide ad-hoc financial support for cost center managers, for example supporting business case justifications and scenario modeling
- Plan and forecast overhead costs across the US and region
- Conduct monthly overhead forecast meetings with department heads
- Develop monthly overhead forecast based upon drivers provided by the department heads
- Analyze forecast vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget and provide analysis to department heads and US leadership team
- Seek opportunity to improve the process, systems, reporting and analytics within Dyson and be able to present recommendations and influence organization to implement change
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; MBA in Finance preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a Financial Analyst role required, preferably with experience in a sales & marketing organization
- Proven experience analyzing and resolving issues around forecasting and budgeting
- A high level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets – the ability to quickly understand business scenarios and model them is critical
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Demonstrates understanding of the preparation, analysis and presentation of corporate financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.