Senior Financial Analyst – Refurbish Sales Strategy
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Direct Finance Team. This role is responsible for working cross-functionally with Direct and Sales teams to provide transparency into the financial results and trends, to manage operations and investment costs and to drive profitability of the Post-Sales Channels.
For a Dyson machine to be successful, it requires rigorous commercial consideration. From the first prototype, to beyond its unboxing. Our strong financial planning and operations are what take Dyson ideas beyond the labs of RDD, onto shelves, and into the homes of our owners across the world. Forecasting, allocating and auditing our resources without ever compromising the integrity and entrepreneurial spirit that defines our business. And with a 25-year pipeline of future Dyson machines on the horizon, all our Finance teams are set to play a crucial role in delivering every single one.
Operating Planning and Forecasting:
- Support management to create an annual operating plan that is aligned to the strategic plan and perform forecasting to provide visibility into business results to enable business decisions.
- Run operating plan financial models and incorporates guidance received on validated assumptions.
- Assist in building forecast models using key drivers, trend analysis, economic and external factors.
- Continuously improve accuracy by aligning to key drivers and identifying variance root causes.
- Assist with creation of analytical tools and models in order to drive revenue/expense management and efficient processes.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business partners to align on business priorities and drive effective solutions/execution. Constructively communicate compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtain necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives.
- Build working relationships with business management and other partners in support of key priorities and objectives through complex analytics.
Financial Close Activities:
- Investigate variances to sales plan and forecast, including product level volume, price, and mix analysis.
- Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with key stakeholders and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners.
- Assist in presentation preparation on results, forecasts, and plans to senior management.
- Support the development of post-sales reporting/scorecards to deliver greater insight into each Post-Sales Channel performance.
- Establish actionable and measurable KPIs to evaluate company performance and assist in strategic decision making.
- Perform appropriate risk and sensitivity analysis, as needed.
Special projects and ad hoc requests:
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years in an analyst role required
- Demonstrates understanding of the preparation, analysis and presentation of corporate financial statements
- Proven experience analyzing and resolving issues around forecasting and budgeting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated competence in mathematics
- Ability to partner effectively with operating and sales leaders, including managing multiple priorities on tight deadlines
- Strong finance skills, particularly the ability to frame and execute the analysis of investment proposals, and the ability to assess the accuracy of financial and operating data
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Powerpoint is required
- SAP and BW experience is a plus
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.