Senior Financial Analyst
Competitive remuneration package
This role will be a key member of the Regional FP&A team. The team is responsible for the capex and overhead costs across the 3 SEA countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines). The successful candidate has to be confident in working closely with all our business partners across the region, and become the key point of contact for our senior executive members. Looking ahead this role offers the right person the chance to build an exciting career in a dynamic and growing company.
Not too far away is the Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Support the FP&A Manager in managing the capex and opex spend in the region.
- Support the FP&A manager to standardize and streamline month end, reporting & forecasting processes.
- Review monthly actual results, analyse the variance between actual and budget, and forecast future performance (monthly LE). Present the data in a clear and insightful manner in meetings with senior executives.
- Annual budgeting, and long range plan exercise.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the Dyson team.
- Support and work on process improvement projects and lean initiatives. You will proactively and continuously improve everything you encounter.
- Take ownership of facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks.
- Enforce governance and control and compliance of company policies and procedures.
- A significant portion of your time will be spent working on ad hoc tasks. Many will relate to your core responsibilities of the team, but you will be keen to take on other challenges.
- Fluent English
- Qualified accountant with operational and commercial financial reporting experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong proven technical accounting capabilities (for example Big-4 trained)
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working
- Experienced SAP user
- Excellent interpersonal an business skills
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes, whether that be through peers, and / or business partners
- Commercially minded. Balances supporting the business and controlling it
- Naturally drives for results, looks to add value; energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management
- Curious and challenging nature
- Team player. Looking for continuous improvement of people management skills and experience working across multiple locations and functions
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Comfortable working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business
- Experience working in Operations hubs
- Technology and/or Manufacturing sector experience