Senior Firmware Engineer
Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
Dyson has an opportunity for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our Power Systems group, developing technology for Dyson’s cord-free range of products.
The Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson energy storage and power management systems. We are expanding our embedded firmware team and are seeking an individual to join us. You must be fluent in the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionising hair care. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability.
- Developing real time embedded software for our world leading Li-Ion battery packs and related product control systems.
- Working closely with our hardware team to bring new battery powered systems to life – this is a hands-on role with opportunity for plenty of lab work during development.
- Participating in code and design review activities.
- Documenting software requirements and implementation.
- Working with hardware, mechanical and other engineering disciplines to solve complex system level problems and find technical solutions.
- Generation of test specifications to ensure product reliability and robustness at key stages during code development.
- Degree in engineering or numerate discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a relevant industry.
- Experience in bare-metal low level microcontroller software development.
- Strong background in real time embedded C.
- A good understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
- Software configuration management (source control, continuous integration, etc).
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an agile framework).
- Experience with unit testing and writing testable code.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors. Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.