Principal Electronics Hardware Engineer
Dyson are looking for a Principal engineer to drive the technical direction of a key area of current and future products for us, whilst representing the electronics hardware team in the wider business.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
This opportunity in a combination of three key elements;
- Technical Ability - You will be responsible for the technical direction of a key area of our business. What's important for us is everyone in our business being confident in providing their own ideas and influence.
- Leadership - A non-leadership position in our organization, this opportunity will lend itself to technical leadership/guidance of a growing team where each individual is key to us,
- Business Influence - You will be working beyond our group, linking to other key areas of the business. Driving technical direction and negotiating with such departments as NPI
- We are looking for someone who can bring either a wide breadth of experience or someone who has in-depth expertise in a key technical area to us.
- The desire to technically guide and lead others to deliver
- Influence the outside business in hardware design best practice
- Effectively negotiate with very demanding business units, always looking for the optimum performance
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.