Senior Firmware Engineer
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionizing hair care. The team is also responsible to develop Battery Pack & Battery Management System for Dyson next generation for Cordfree products.
As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA
Ensure safety and reliability of Dyson products.
- Participate in the requirement definition, software design, code implementation and verification of embedded software for the work products.
- Produce deliverables including software requirement specification, design documents, product source codes, unit test codes, embedded software test specification, FMEA document, technical review document etc.
- Work closely with other team like system engineer, hardware engineer, design manager to optimize product performance.
Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
Opportunity for line management responsibilities.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
More than 4 years of software experience in software design and development of embedded system.
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry.
- Good knowledge of embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, testing), data structures, algorithms is required.
- Knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Proficiency in Assembly and C language programming skills.
- Practical experience with UML.
Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus.
Fluent in spoken and written in English.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team.