Senior Fixed Asset Accountant
£32,000 -£40,000 + bonus+ 27 days holiday + pension + free gym on site
An opportunity has arisen within the Financial
Centre of Excellence in the role of Senior Fixed Asset Accountant. The role provides
analysis and business support for capital expenditure and fixed asset processes,
including building strong working relationships with local project managers and
The processing and analytical requirements range from supporting the business at the beginning of the budgeting process, providing latest estimated spend reports and following the project through to completion, capitalisation and depreciation of assets.
- Advising, challenging and reporting in all areas of capital expenditure and fixed assets
- Regular liaising with project managers and department heads to review current spend and forecasts for all areas of the business including Research, Design and Development, IT and Facilities.
- Yearly production of Capital Expenditure budgeting reports and presenting these to senior management & directors
- Preparation of depreciation and expenditure latest estimate forecasting and variance reporting and presentation for senior management
- Assisting the Tax and Group Finance department in ensuring all Fixed Assets correspond with accounting and tax requirements.
- Supporting and advising FCoE & overseas Dyson markets in regards to capital expenditure Fixed Assets and the correct accounting policy,
- Suggest & drive efficiencies in system processes and reporting for capital work in progress and fixed assets
- Line Management of the fixed asset team; 2 direct reports.
Applied accounting knowledge re FRS102 PPE & Intangibles (or IFRS equivalents)
Good working knowledge of SAP; experience of WBS projects is preferred.
Advanced Excel Skills
Strong communication and relationship building skills, both within the team and across the business.
Good prioritisation skills and ability to work in a fast changing environment with strict reporting deadlines
Willingness to help team members during busy times
Proactive approach, including problem solving with good attention to detail