Senior HMI Designer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
You will have a direct contribution to Dyson's products and will design the product User Interface & Experience, defining and designing the experience, behaviours, control and feedback mechanisms on product with a user centred and ‘best in class’ approach. You will generate ideas that are both product enhancing and innovative. No gimmicks.
Through prototyping and demonstration, you will bring your ideas and designs to life through storyboarding, sketching, illustration, interactive demo’s and physical prototype rigs. You will work with electronics/software engineers to create more complex prototypes.
You will User trial options when needed to make a decision or validate a design. Managing and working with those responsible for insights, user trials and competitor analysis. You will collaborate with the team's connectivity counterpart to create a seamless experience of the product, as well as NPI/NPD category teams, electronics, insights, commercial, mechanistics and teams in South East Asia.
A key part of this role is to clearly communicate complex information in many different formats. These include graphical, verbal/presentation, powerpoint, interactive prototype demo’s etc. You will be clearly and concisely communicating your ideas to a variety of stakeholders and project teams. This role will require leadership and management of those in other departments and within the team, ensuring we are operating at the highest level and that each individual team are operating in the most effective way.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in, cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Excellent Design Skills – experience in product, graphics, UX/UI design, sketching, storyboarding
- Graphical applications are essential: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After effects, Axure, Flinto, Crank
- Hardware/software electronics experience (preferable, not essential) – Rapid electronics prototyping (Arduino, Raspberry Pi…)
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent graphical and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronics systems/architecture.
- Actively interested in new products and technology advances.
- Be resourceful and able to find alternative solutions under pressure.
- Ability to analyse the behaviours of product interfaces from the user’s perspective.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value