Senior HR Business Partner - Engineering
You will play an important role in facilitating and leading strategic change across Engineering at Dyson. You will provide effective business partnering to senior leadership teams and key stakeholders (including Exec members), driving and enabling long-term objectives and short-term deliverables. You will have one or two HR Advisors as direct reports who you will support, coach and develop to deliver the stretching agenda.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
- Senior partnering; work in collaboration with the leader of your function and other senior leaders in their teams.
- Provide support, coaching and challenge to deliver actions that’ll drive people and organisation performance, including development of your own leadership.
- People plans; develop and integrate the people dimension into business plans and support delivery of the global People Blueprint.
- Highlight the implications of business goals and ensure plans in place to tackle risks, challenges and opportunities over the short and long term.
- Ensure the right capabilities, frameworks and ways of working are in place to deliver
- Organisation design; spot opportunities, review and reshape how the functions are set up and operate, to support their growth and increasing global effectiveness at sensible costs.
- Change leadership; support/oversee/lead transformation, restructuring or cultural change projects as needed.
- Talent Acquisition and Development; work with Centres of Expertise to ensure effective hiring strategies; ensure teams are recruiting for the future as well as the now; and build the Dyson employer brand globally.
- Performance management; develop and champion high performance culture across your function. Coach, influence, up-skill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers to provide continuous goal clarity, feedback and development.
- Degree calibre; high HR professional credentials.
- Experience as a true HR generalist where you have provided both operational and strategic HR support to a business in a global, matrix organisation.
- HR partnering experience at a senior level - typically supporting professional client groups (who enjoy logic, process and detail) with past experience of engaging and influencing senior and challenging stakeholders.
- Strong change leadership experience - has provided frameworks, influence and challenge to senior teams to identify and drive through organisation change in a variety of scenarios
- Comfortable at working with speed, pragmatism and professionalism, ideally in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Line Management experience desirable.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines