Senior HR Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
As a key business partner and generalist to the Mexico market, this role will be fully responsible for ensuring all aspects of HR are supported from both a strategic and execution standpoint.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8 million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
- Organization Effectiveness: Establish ways of working to do more with less, nimble execution, and high collaboration. Ensure both strategy and execution of tactics are addressed in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Talent Management: Assessment, acquisition & placement of diverse talent to deliver against aggressive growth plans for the market
- Leadership Development: Support of leadership, development of team & organizational capabilities, and create self-awareness, accountability & confidence to reach fullest potential
- Culture: Ensure the translation of Dyson culture, behaviours & DNA throughout the organization that is engaging, sustained and meaningful.
- Lead and support the establishment, growth and maintenance of this emerging market aligned with global Dyson standards.
- Make sure the people dimension is fully integrated into your business area, strategies and plans.
- Highlight to managers the people implications of their business objectives and ensure plans are in place to tackle key people risks and challenges over the short and longer term.
- Drive the delivery of the People Strategy by providing excellent coaching and support to managers on all aspects of operational and tactical HR.
- Work closely with your business head to identify opportunities for organizational change or transformation which will improve business performance.
- Take joint responsibility with the business head to plan and deliver the change.
- Drive delivery of an effective organization that is fit for purpose.
- Coach and challenge managers to develop the organizational capability required to enable delivery of business strategy; anticipate the changing needs of the business and drive the active management and development of talent.
- Partner with key talent in the US, their strengths and development needs and actively participate in talent management discussions with the business and UK Talent Partner.
- Champion the performance management and personal development planning process and ensure that managers have the skills and capability to maximize the value of the process.
- Partner with employees at all levels to problem solve performance issues, understand root causes and to implement appropriate actions.
- Promote Dyson reward principles across the business area including effective influencing of Business Managers in areas of compensation and total rewards while ensuring that roles are in line with external and internal benchmarking.
- Have a deep understanding of your business’ recruitment plans and build relationships with relevant recruitment sources and the headquarters resourcing team.
- Take responsibility for all administration tasks related to HR and the support for your client groups.
- Ensure all employee data is up to date and accessible.
- Keep HR database up to date, produce metrics for your business partners and work collaboratively with managers to ensure headcount is managed within budget, recruitment processes are adhered to, absence rates, and leave of absence requests are timely and are kept to a minimum.
- Work with your peers to provide advice and counsel on HR policy and practice, including employee relations.
- Work with other HR colleagues across markets and at headquarters to ensure knowledge and best practice is shared.
- Be an active contributor to HR functional strategy, understand the objectives of other HR teams and take opportunities to share knowledge and best practice.
- Ensure that everything you do is in line with the overall Dyson HR philosophy.
- Drive the people agenda through regular communication of people and HR priorities. Ensure managers are fully aware of, and prepared for upcoming HR processes and deadlines.
- Challenge practices if you believe there are better ways of doing things and inspire others to do the same, fixing things that need fixing, identifying problems and finding solutions.
- At least 7 years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, training, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 60% to Mexico and Latin America
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources or organizational development
- Knowledge of HR/employee practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations
- Previous experience handling high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Commercial awareness
- Good project management skills
- Great relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills and a passion for developing people
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills, both formal and informal
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Comfortable challenging status quo