Senior Human Resources Advisor
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
As a contributing member of the Human Resources Team, support the delivery of the Dyson people strategy and ensure that Dyson attracts, recruits, retains and develops great people who are passionate about Dyson and its products. Incumbent will also provide effective employee relations and operational HR support to the US market with an emphasis on supporting corporate functions at our US headquarters in Chicago, Illinois as well as work broadly with the Human Resources team on company-wide initiatives. Areas of emphasis include:
- Organization Effectiveness: New ways of working to do more with less, nimble execution, and high collaboration.
- Leadership Development: Expand view of leadership, develop team & organizational capabilities, and create self-awareness, accountability & confidence to reach our fullest potential.
- Culture: Promote a Dyson culture that is engaging, sustainable and capable of growing with the organization.
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and people managers to ensure our practices are consistent with our culture and business objectives.
- Deliver the People Strategy by providing solid coaching and support to junior tomid-level people managers and employees on all aspects of operational and tactical HR
- Provide manager and individual contributor support across a broad range of HR needs, including: employee relations, policy and procedure interpretation, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, promotions and salary adjustments, and project administration.
- Initiate internal employee status changes (terminations, promotions, transfers, new hires, data corrections, etc.)
- Understand your business’ recruitment plans, build relationships with the Talent Acquisition team, and support the recruitment process through interviewing and advising on candidate selection for relevant roles. Develop job descriptions as needed.
- Investigate low to mid-level employee relations issues, including: intake of complaints, interviewing witnesses and/or assessing supporting materials, documenting process, partnering with Legal and HR Business Partners on making a determination on appropriate actions, working with managers on developing Performance Improvement Plans.
- Answer basic daily HR related inquiries as needed
- Support the performance management and personal development planning process
- Design and deliver succession planning for mid to junior level managers
- Participate in process improvement and policy development for the US organization
- Gather and analyze data as needed on multiple HR related topics
- Support change management initiatives
- Use root cause problem solving approach to resolve issues, with HRBP guidance as necessary
- Liaise with the Total Rewards Team to promote operational effectiveness, ensure roles are in line with external and internal benchmarking, address workers compensation matters, leaves of absence and safety as required
- Take responsibility for all HR administration tasks related to the support for your client groups
- Be an active contributor to HR functional strategy, understand the objectives of other HR teams and take opportunities to share knowledge
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources preferred (recruiting, employment, employee relations, training, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, liberal arts, education, industrial relations or organizational development
- Knowledge of HR/employee practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations
- Previous experience handling high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong business acumen
- Good project administration skills
- Great relationship building and influencing skills
- Analytical and able to make critical assessments of data
- Coaching and mentoring skills and a passion for developing people
- Strong presentation skills, both formal and informal
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite skills
- Ingenious-getting the answers by thinking hard-sees detail and patterns
- Explorer-being curious, diverse and inclusive
- Attuned-conscious emotional intelligence
- Fighter-getting the best results
- Self -starter who sees things to completion
- Seeks opportunities to pick up new activities and challenges
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Takes ownership for HR team performance and understands how actions can help and hurt a team
- Open, practical and pragmatic
- Strong communication skills; ability to connect with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Passionate, comfortable with high pace and intensity