Senior Insight Analyst – Consumer Perception
The primary objective of the product insight function within Global Quality & Reliability is to illustrate, through detailed research and analysis, what customer’s perceptions of our products are, and how those perceptions directly translate into customer satisfaction. The SPIA will utilize multiple sources of information to make recommendations to the Heads of Category within Quality regarding areas of focus both for existing products and those in development. To support this the SPIA is expected to contribute to (and sometimes run) a series of product trials using Dyson and competitor products. The SPIA is expected to directly manage a small team of analysts to support all Insights activity, recognizing and reacting to load and prioritizing resource accordingly.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Software & Mobile Apps In the future, how technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, will cement Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology company.
- Key driver in the definition of requirements, building and deployment of a BI platform that consolidates data from different consumer perception sources, like consumer reviews, social data, YouTube, surveys….
- Gather reporting needs and transform them into actionable insights.
- Plan and coordinate activities across different departments (RDD, IT, Commercial…) and different analytical areas (CRM Analytics, Connected, Reliability…).
- Communicate results of reports and insight at different levels (from engineers to Exec).
- Development of reporting capabilities related to consumer perception activities: consumer reviews, surveys, social data…
- MS SQL Server.
- Gathering of reporting requirements, experience translating technical goals and concepts into non-tech speak.
- Experience designing and building user friendly interfaces (MS Access, MS Excel, VBA…)
- Experience building, leading and growing BI/Analytical teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- High degree of numeracy (see education) – someone who is confident with the techniques of analysis in large data sets, eg extrapolation and forecasting techniques, statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression).
- Ability to handle large data sets.
- Familiarity with the IT tools to do this, eg SQL…
- Flexible and able to prioritise business needs in conjunction with stakeholders
- Good (2.1 or better) degree in a numbers based subject (Physics, Maths, Statistics, Chemistry, Engineering…).
- Possibly postgraduate qualifications.
- Also looking for good achievement at A-level (3+ A/B in maths/sciences).
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Flexibility/Ability to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities, pace (as demonstrated by experience).
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Open, honest and responsible
- Team player, comfortable with all levels and with dealing with external suppliers
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure!
- Advanced visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik…).
- Machine Learning techniques.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition. Senior Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible woking hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.