Senior Logistics Manager
Senai, Johor Bahru
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
What you will do...
- Lead a team of logistics executives in Malaysia, which liaise closely with the planning team and the CM’s for the shipment of finished goods to overseas markets.
- Build relationships with Contract Manufacturers and Freight Forwarders, and act as liaison between our contract manufacturers and the Dyson Supply Chain for any escalations of team matters when it comes to Sea or Air freight shipments.
- Drive SAP/ EDI / Elementum (interface) agenda and any other improvement projects that are being identified to drive efficiency in logistics operations, and cost saving.
- Review of Specific KPI’s to ensure that they meet the requirements of the business as it continues to evolve.
- Engage with logistics partners on performance review, continuous improvement plans; and short term and long term strategies.
- Lead monthly operational performance reviews between Dyson and logistics partners, ensuring minutes and actions are followed up and closed where appropriate.
- Maintain and develop logistics processes to ensure a clear definition and ownership of tasks across departments.
- Act as a source of knowledge to the Global Operations and Logistics team by keeping up to date with market trends on freight rate and carrier service.
What is required...
- Degree qualifications.
- At least 10 years working experience in a multi-national environment in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in Distribution Network Studies, Direct Import/DC Bypass other logistics improvement projects.
- Result-driven, delivers strong operational results and specific projects under pressure.
- Possess the ability to resolve and escalate critical issues as a 1st level of escalation.
- Analytical skills are a must to drive cost down, organise (ad-hoc) quotes and support negotiations.
- Customs documentation awareness preferable.
- SAP knowledge is preferable. •Excellent understanding of Supply Chain Dynamics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.