Senior Machine Learning Engineer
£Competitive plus 27 days holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson are growing - fast. Our ambition is huge. The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will be joining a new and rapidly expanding team at Dyson. You will be working on Dyson's future products and will need demonstrable experience of image analysis techniques in a Research environment.
- Work alongside scientists, designers and research engineers to provide analytic insight into Dyson’s research challenges and support to operational issues.
- Perform investigatory analysis of large multivariate datasets, suggesting novel techniques for data collection during future experiments and field trials.
- Identify opportunities to apply machine learning techniques to extract meaning and derive value.
- Characterise classifier or algorithm performance against defined project objectives; proposed implementation environment; and associated computational constraints.
- Collaborate with research engineers to recommend improvements to data collection and experimental strategy to optimise system performance.
- Application of statistical methods to establish confidence in findings.
- Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code
- Integrate software builds with the corporate CI environment where appropriate.
- Produce reports and presentations summarising progress against team and project goals, effectively and engagingly presenting complex technical information and analysis to senior management.
- Work independently to manage tasks with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partnerships to leverage externally available expertise, where appropriate
- Educational background in Computer Science
- Image analysis techniques including feature extraction and image comparison
- Expert knowledge of machine learning algorithm development and implementation in complex systems including hardware, software application and cloud-based components.
- Demonstrable machine learning or data science experience with a proven track record outside of academia, ideally working with Agile development methodologies.
- Feature extraction, time series analysis, signal processing, and statistical modelling.
- Ability to program in both high and low level languages as appropriate, including Java and Python. C and C++ experience is desirable
- Experience applying machine learning and data science techniques in a distributed processing environment against large quantities of data, e.g. Hadoop, AWS, GCE, TensorFlow.
- Enthusiasm to learn and share new methods and techniques within several areas of technical expertise.