Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The roles will require someone who can develop manufacturing process flow and assembly process for new products in a fast paced and ever changing environment to deliver optimal solutions.
It is important that you are a team player with a willingness to go above and beyond your scope of work. This role will work with our contract manufacturers on layout, setup and qualify new product production line.
Not too far away is the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson Operations ensure every market has full product availability – requiring meticulous strategic planning. Working with Dyson HQ, global markets, manufacturers and logistics providers, the team coordinates launch timetables, sales forecasts and stock-flow around the world. Every day brings new challenges. A country’s exchange rate can suddenly affect demand. Strikes, delays, legal challenges all have an impact. It makes the team one of the most dynamic in the business. And with more direct sales planned to drive growth, meeting complex customer demands has become another exciting challenge.
- Be a critical member of the team providing inputs from Manufacturing / Operations standpoint.
- Driver for DFM and DFX to ensure product can be manufactured to the highest quality levels.
- Create process flows tied to PFMEA to ensure checks and balances are in place.
- Select and prove assembly methods via Proof of Principle machines.
- Generate user requirement specification/ equipment requirement specification.
- Work with suppliers to conduct Equipment FMEA to deliver solutions that are robust.
- Establish process validation protocols and work with supplier and CM to commission and validate the production equipment.
- Run experiments to define process margins using DOE.
- Setup process monitoring in line with quality expectations; using key tools like SPC.
- Maintain communication and status update to stakeholders.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis of product failures.
- Process optimization through breakthrough engineering solutions.
- At least possess Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing production test/assembly method.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in design and fabrication of automated or semi-automated production equipment.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in relevant manufacturing and working within a regulated environment.
- Experience with High Volume Automation.
- Has operated in an out sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Process Control design and implementation.
- Statistical tools application (Minitab).
- Familiar with the rigor of NPI phases and milestones.