Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer
This role is based in Singapore and reports to the Product Quality Manager.
Your key objectives are to identify, manage and develop Dyson key Contract Manufacturers (CM) by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes & capabilities and performance metrics. You will engage with Dyson interfacing teams and functions beginning from NPD/I (New Product Development/Introduction) phase for all product categories through to end of product life.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
You will be accountable for all aspects of managing the Manufacturing Quality Engineering (MQE) team for Dyson Manufacturing lines. Your key deliverables are
- New Product Design / Introduction – Early involvement with the new programs/products to give timely feedback to management on status of manufacturability, capability and possible quality risk areas including rework lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, issue and subsequent revision drawings as being a complete and accurate representation of all information required to successfully create high quality control plans. To perform Rig Review for design for manufacturability (DFM) assessment.
- New Lines – Production Readiness - Delivering appropriate support for all new lines and production readiness is understood, monitored, progressed and communicated. This should include any rework and tear down lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, the CM control plans as being appropriate to producing all parts, assemblies and products to Dyson’s specifications, required to be ‘in-place’ for the start of Engineering Builds and kept in synchronization with drawing revision up to SOP via change request process.
- Quality Metrics – Create management summaries from all data collection points from IQC (Incoming Quality Control) to OQC (Out-going Quality Control) understanding process capability and RTY (Rolled Through-put Yield) and report performance daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly as agreed.
- Support corrective action process – Manage, coordinate all production RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Actions) to timely conclusion taking in to account implications of poor quality end to end
- possess a Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity within a project management and manufacturing environment
- be able to travel frequently, sometimes for an extended period
- have relevant experience in leading a small team
- come with experience in a regulated manufacturing environment
- have strong technical background in assembly line and Quality management.
- possess extensive experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, DMAIC, etc.
- demonstrate understanding in engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
- come with proven track records of having successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- have project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success.
- be analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support your views.
- be motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and the application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.