Senior Marketing Manager - Floor Care
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes.
- Work with finance and Marketing Leadership to develop project P&L. Follow monthly reporting cycle to review, understand, report and communicate with SMM and Sales Directors.
- Work with media agency and SMM to create and implement supporting media plan. Follow monthly reporting cycle to review, understand, report and communicate with SMM and Sales Directors.
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
- Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for category
- Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including TV, print, retail, digital etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Provide annual market share targets and report on progress monthly
- Forecast volume for new product introductions
- Deliver against P & L goals and objectives
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation and drive retailer compliance in stores.
- Drive organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Partner with Retail team to develop and deliver sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
Own and drive the category against budget
- Partner with Finance to lead the annual marketing planning and budgeting process for assigned category
- Manage the category budget including brand building and retail marketing investments and plans throughout the year
- Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
Lead and informally develop Marketing Associates and/or Specialists
- Manage processes and remove barriers to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate training solutions
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years strategic brand marketing experience required, at least 2 of which must be in a manager level role; evidence of consistent progression in responsibility required.
- Experience with consumer products (hard goods) and/or retail required.
- A CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required
- Strategic thinking; this person must demonstrate the ability to take a wide view. Must be able to create, execute and manage a sound marketing plan.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity; this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Flexibility; this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates.
- Entrepreneurial spirit- must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product- this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills- this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.