Senior Mechanical Engineer - Energy Storage
£Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday
• Capability of setting up procedures & processes for the design of complex electrochemical cells and packs; to include :
o Safety (FMEA / dFMEA)
o Oversight of Design implications from HAZOP reviews o Ability to deal with dynamic fluctuations of specifications
o Design of process development equipment & pilot manufacturing processes for energy storage devices
o Multi-stage unit operations; timings & work-flow
• Design Projects to include :
o Laboratory design, including services, facilities & footprint o Product (Cell) design for manufacture
o Pilot, Pre-pilot and Production line design implications
• Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• > 5 years’ experience designing commodity products for high volume manufacture
• Excellent organisation & project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage individual and team time.
• Post-graduate degree
• Project progression – Has taken a product/idea/process from research (early phase) through to prototype on a number of occasions
o Process Development for manufacture including demonstrated decision influencing.
o Product & process engineering for quality & value with demonstrated improvements
• Experienced CAD user / designer
• Prototyping & development of processes - Metal working, assembly, design (CAD), electronics
• Communicate clearly and effectively results and project statues to all associated project members.
• Ability to understand overall concept and contribute to design generation through knowledge of the latest technologies and industry methods.