£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This is an opportunity to join Dyson as a Senior Metrology Technician working in the RDD Metrology Lab.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- To support internal RDD project requirements and meet deadlines by providing accurate repeatable measurement reports as requested, on time and in full.
- Utilising 1st principal measuring equipment as well as the co-ordinate measuring machine Vision system and Roundest equipment.
- Parts can vary from injection moulded plastic to high precision machined components.
- Experience of MCOSMOS v4.0 or later.
- Experience of PCDMIS 2011 or later.
- 2D drawing Interpretation together with an excellent understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- The experience to run a Mitutoyo Round test measuring machine with existing programs to produce accurate reports
- The knowledge to explain all measurement data to an engineer
- PC skills, Excel advanced
- Preferably a technician with ONC/HNC qualifications
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to multi task