Android Developer – (Java, Kotlin, Rx)
£Competitive plus Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Bristol / Malmesbury
At Dyson, we are looking for a talented Android Developer to join the team building our mobile app. The Dyson app is used to control and support millions of Dyson machines.
Dyson are a company renowned for our engineering prowess. We have recently embarked on a range of Internet connected products including our 360 Eye™robot vacuum cleaner and Pure Cool Link™purifier. Our Mobile App, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about building a Mobile App that matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team.
The mobile team responsible for working on this platform operate across 4 sites including Bristol and Malmesbury in the UK, as well as Singapore and Shanghai. We are building a strong internal mobile community which enables us to share knowledge and continually develop our engineers.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start-up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2017 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you.
Your role will involve:
- Developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are robust, scalable and easy to use
- Working with wider team of TPOs, Scrum Masters, Cloud developers, testers, UX/UI designers and electronic/embedded engineers
- Identifying new technologies and tools to help continually improve standards
- Native Android mobile development (Java, Kotlin)
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Experience of automated testing
- Knowledge of the Gradle build system and Continuous Integration systems
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent