Senior Noise & Vibration Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a noise and vibration engineer to work at concept stage on a brand new product at Dyson
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
We are seeking experienced NVH engineers to join this brand new and exciting product. You will join the nvh team and work with other design and development engineers to deliver a market leading product. You will be responsible for the NVH attribute and will be given the exciting opportunity to influence the design from the concept stage. You will be involved in many aspects of the design process using analytical, numerical and experimental techniques and suggesting innovative technologies to reach our ambitious goal. You will also be linked with our other experts to ensure we reach the optimum overall experience for our users.
This is what we need you to do:
• Bring and share your NVH expertise and enthusiasm within a highly motivated and passionate team of design and mechanical engineers.
• Seek for engineering excellence during the whole development of the product
• Suggest and own the NVH strategy.
• Scope and deliver technology projects to fuel the top level vision using the technology readiness level process.
• Scope and conduct informative experimental / numerical campaigns internally and externally (in collaboration with our external partners).
• Analyse test results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
• A first degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• A proven experience in analytical NVH
• CAE tools – finite element analysis (ANSYS, NASTRAN, Hyperworks, LMS virtual Lab) is required.
• Good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format