Senior Patent Attorney
£Competitive plus bonus + pension + private medical / dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
This is an exciting prospect to be a part of the ambitious growth taking place at Dyson. The Senior Patent Attorney will be working closely with R&D teams, and will be involved in the early life of a project with the opportunity to continue working alongside until the product launch!
During this process you will be called on to advise the project team and the wider business on a wide range of IP issues, including infringement and validity of third-party IP. The work is stimulating and challenging and the environment is characterised by energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
• Draft and prosecute patent applications in relation to inventions belonging to the company
• Analyse search results and apply findings as appropriate
• Make recommendations regarding the protection of inventions in various territories
• Prepare and file registered design applications in territories as agreed
• Advise product development/research teams with regard to potential risks relating to third parties’ rights
• Review Graphics briefs and carry out sign-offs
• Maintain ongoing contact with various specific teams and advise them on IP issues as necessary
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current IP laws and practices
• Have secured, or be close to securing, full UK and/or European qualifications
• Possess excellent communication skills, analytical capability and a proactive, results-driven approach
• The role requires an ability to communicate points to non-IP personnel in a concise and understandable manner
• This role also requires an ability to get through the tasks in a timely manner without undue delays occurring