Senior Mechatronics Engineer
Senai, Johor Bahru
The Senior Mechatronics Engineer will work with our world class product designers, electronics engineers and software specialists to develop and integrate mechatronic systems into our R&D projects. The role of the Mechatronics Engineer will be top secret, interesting and varied but he/she will typically be assigned to a development project and they’ll be responsible for specifying, developing, testing, analysing and improving important electro-mechanical systems within our new consumer products. The engineer will sit within our Mechatronics Engineering team and be an influential part of a highly creative and dynamic R&D department
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Specify, develop, test, analyse, improve & integrate new mechatronic systems in our R&D projects
- Use a blend of electronics, mechanical and control system expertise to problem solve and offer solutions to technical challenges on a day to day basis
- Designing new prototypes and test platforms
- Use common signal acquisition, data analysis and simulation techniques to measure a design’s performance
- Communicate progress and technical information in regular cross-function meetings
- Collaborate with engineers and specialists from a wide variety of technical disciplines
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior engineers within R&D
- The role may involve leading a small team of mechatronics engineers
- A strong bachelor/masters degree/PhD in mechatronics, control systems, mechanical or electronics engineering – CGPA equal to or greater than 3.5.
- 5 years+ experience of mechatronics, control system design and/or automation engineering
- Working or academic experience of using electronics, software and electro-mechanical sensors and actuators
- Preferably, working experience of Control Systems
- Working or academic experience of signal acquisition/analysis techniques
- Able to specify experimental programmes and effectively analyse results, summarise findings and make recommendations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent English language communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to translate and communicate technical information to project teams, managers and directors when required
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
- Excellent organisational skills. Able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others
- Proactive and highly motivated individual – keen to make a difference to Dyson’s innovative products