Senior Pick Up Engineer
Senai, Johor Bahru
This person will work in an R&D environment and contribute to the development of Dyson products from the evaluation of new technologies right up to validation of the final product. This person will manage system specs, design, conduct development testing, monitor performance testing and provide suggestions to further improve the machine’s performance
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
- Design and develop the technologies that clean dust and debris from surfaces, utilising proven and experimental scientific techniques
- Utilise signal acquisition and analysis techniques to measure system performance and quantify improvements
- Manage verification test programmes
- Ensure new systems/technologies satisfy the targeted performance specification.
- Assist Quality, Procurement and Current Support teams with Pick Up issues related to existing products.
- Communicate with suppliers to develop test rigs and prepare engineering samples for new product investigations Interface with Dyson UK R&D teams during new product development
Key Competencies Required:-
- Proven ability to coach junior team members and act as a technical role model
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Intermediate level user of any signal acquisition and analysis hardware and software
- Strong understanding of statistical & quality control techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and project handling skills
- Good understanding of mechanical drawings and performance parameters
- Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
- Able to think clearly and provide direction in ambiguous situations
- A proactive, self-starter and with a proven ability to deliver high quality engineering project work
- Has an aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- A Degree or Masters in Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics, Aero Engineering or a technical science subject
- 6 – 8 years of working experience in mechanical, electro-mechanical, mechatronics, aero engineering or technical science is desirable
- Knowledge and 1-2 years of hands on experience in 3D CAD and measuring techniques of engineering parameters is desirable
- A basic understanding plastic / metal part design, prototyping and hand modifications, plastic moulding process.
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written) and able to communicate with all levels
- Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt with 3 – 4 years of applying it on the job is an advantage.
- Certified Statistical Engineering Apprentice (Shainin Methods) with 2 – 4 years of applying it on the job is an advantage.