Senior Power Electronics Engineer
- Ensure the safety and reliability of Dyson products
- Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project
- Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
- Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
- Understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
- Ability to thrive within a multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
- Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
- Design for EMC/EMI - Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues