Senior Power Electronics Technician
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionizing hair care. The team is also responsible to develop Battery Pack & Battery Management System for Dyson next generation for Cordfree products.
As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Guide and supervise technicians for their day to day support.
- Allocate and define task to technicians
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Responsible for tracking activities against plan and responding to them
- Responsible for Electronic Lab Management, Equipment, Safety and 5S.
- Support Power Electronics Engineers in verifying numerous electronic circuits, measurement of electrical parameters and test setup / monitoring.
- Support on PCBA prototype fabrication and integrate the prototype into the product.
- Support on conduct series of required electronics test during project development, to ensure solution meet system function requirement.
- Failure investigation, generate analysis report and conduct necessary testing.
A minimum of Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering is required, reinforced with practical engineering experience.
- Preferably 3-4 years working experience in electronic industry with good experience for solving engineering problems.
- Familiarity in the operation of basic electronic test equipment such as digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, power analyzers, etc.
- The candidate must have good practical skills in electronic engineering.
- An ability to execute a test independently, from setup to result reporting is necessary.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy is needed together with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is required with particular emphasis on the use of Excel for recording results that can be graphically demonstrated.
- Good at communicating at all levels and able to work in a self motivated way as well as in a team.
- Able to work in a self motivated way as well as in a team.
- Familiarity in the operation of electronic test equipment.
- Good Soldering Skills.
- Basic electronics troubleshooting skills & attention to details.
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach
- Able to work from either verbal of written brief.
- Ability to work on a number of tasks concurrently without losing focus.