Senior / Principal Test Validation Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Lead validation activities of a new product category in Singapore Technology Center
- Champion Test/Validation design, planning, execution and reporting.
- Partner with global design team to characterise test failures and path to solution
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Specializes in product category testing and validation expert
Familiarize in new product features and specification
Capable of translating product spec into test spec and concerns
Support product engineering improvement through comprehensive test regime and recommendations for improvement
Possess good understanding of standard test procedures
Provides sound quantifiable failure analysis through trends and statistical tools
Develop statistical analysis in a wide range of concepts to compute product life and reliability
Troubleshoot product failure and analyze test results to determine the root cause of failure(s)
Establish confidence in test results by performing between-test comparisons based on the ratio of sample sizes and product reliability
Plans and coordinates all testing for the project team
Create Validation Matrix for new and current projects based on design specifications and requirements
Generate Validation Scheduler (e.g. Microsoft Project) to meet the project milestones and testing deadlines
Present and update Validation Status via KPI and standard test deliverables
Point of contact for the Design Manager
Liaise with project and research team to identify methods of proving designs and technologies
Communicate with the project team to update test progress and status, result analysis and test schedule.
Assist design team on all new testing involving design modification, part replacement and improvements
Develop new test methodology and passmark
Propose DTM / test matrix improvement based on the latest product features and functionality
Define new test conditions and parameters; while assist in new test rigs design based on the product requirement
Develop test passmarks for relevant product specification
Advise method to accelerate testing and reduce test lead time
Correlate field failures to in-house validation findings to evaluate if the DTMs are relevant
- Tertiary education in engineering preferably Mechanical and Electronics Engineering
- 10 years of Engineering Experience in health product
- 5 years of experience in Test & Validation Engineering areas
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing test methods to ensure that it is robust and accurate.
- Able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Proficiency in English.
- Familiar with Excel, Minitab, Labview, MS office