Process Development Technician
Competitive Salary + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for an experienced Process Development Technician in the SSB Power Systems Research Team, within Dyson’s Research, Design and Development (RDD) department; based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, U.K.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Dyson products strive to be at the leading edge of technology. Through unique strategic partnerships with global top universities and leading businesses, we gain foresight of up and coming technologies. The technical research team aims to exploit this knowledge to design state-of-the-art products allowing us to differentiate our products from the competition and be ahead of the times. Dyson is expanding into several new and exciting product categories and is positioning itself as a technology company, confirmed by the release of the 360eye robotic vacuum cleaner and the acquirement of Sakti3 solid state battery technology. Successful applicants for this role will be part of the team driving these products and others forward.
Reporting to Design & Integration Team Manager, you will join a growing team in Dyson’s Technical Research Group focusing on the next generation of advanced / high performance SSB Cells for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach. The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovation to integrating mechanical, material and electrical concepts while considering the impact on performance.
- Build precision test fixtures to aid analysis of unique materials and products
- Use precision measurement equipment and accurately record critical build and test data
- Participate in gauge R&R studies
- Design and manufacture high quality assembly fixtures using workshop machinery as required
- Design and build test rigs including basic electrical wiring, compressed air and fire trace to pre-defined schematics
- Work to a tight schedule, prioritise workload and deliver on time
- Assist in all areas of preparing and implementing SSB cells into testing facilities
- Adhere to safe working practices and lab rules
- Proactivity seek to identify and implement as appropriate continuous improvement practices
- Carry out process studies to determining the most suitable and robust assembly and manufacturing techniques required at various stages of our project cycle
- Ability to interpret and interrogate engineering drawings and documentation
- Experience of complex / skilled assembly or maintenance work
- Practical and methodical approach to problem solving with a keen focus on attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication to convey information in an appropriate and concise manner.
- Have a flexible attitude being adaptive to changing priorities
- Display a basic competence of MS Word and Excel
- Experience in automated assembly techniques
- An ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving
- An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently
- Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done
- Leak detection on high vacuum systems
- Assembly supplier selection. • Ability to use 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages.
- Understanding of Dyson Coshh, Pat test and 7 S systems
- Assembly of vacuum systems, and understanding of cleanliness requirements to achieve good overall systems
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values that would result in great Dyson products
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner
- Excellent team working skills.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.