Commodity Manager - Direct Plant and Equipment
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Free Onsite Gym
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
- Lead and develop sourcing of Plant and Equipment (P&E) to support New Product Development (NPD). Ensuring completion to meet project/business needs and start of production.
- Lead the development of designated global category strategies & gain concurrence / consensus across all identified stakeholders.
- Lead the supplier selection and negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team(s) and ensuring best value from the supply base.
- Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate supplier relationship and performance management processes are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence & performance.
- Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group.
- Degree/CIPS qualified preferred
- Demonstrable experience in Plant and Equipment sourcing and exposure to New Product Development and project milestone processes
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- A fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- A proactive approach and are forward thinking. You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions. You plan your time and your projects taking relevant factors into account.
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.