Senior Procurement Manager - Projects
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Role is responsible for managing the procurement projects strategy, working with the Global RDD Category and Global Procurement team to manage projects within the Category. The main focus to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time & support ramp up, and ensuring the Commodity Strategy within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
To project manage projects within the Category : ensuring projects are supported from a Procurement perspective on the right sourcing, feasibility of supply chain, risk management, right pricing, cost down initiatives, capacity, lead time etc.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that Procurement are clear on their action points into each project meeting and driving and tracking the closure of Procurement deliverables at each stage of the Milestone Life Cycle Process.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Procurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making. Ultimately it affects the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business. In the balance between quality and price, quality must always win. So our global team needs to be rigorous in selection. Meticulous in determining standards, researching suppliers, analysing value and negotiating contracts. Challenging and diverse, their work creates a dynamic, driven team. Where the ‘next big thing’ relies on their ability to deliver agile, lean solutions as much as the inventiveness of Dyson engineers’ themselves.
You will be required to present project’ status & cost, and review actions with the Global Procurement Director & Global Procurement Heads, providing feedback on progress and actions.
You will lead and drive the activity plan that determines Procurement timeframes for success and highlight in a RAG sheet / Procurement Project Status Report where projects risks are on schedule or fallen behind and report this to the Senior Management. You will drive the deadlines.
You will represent Procurement in SPD meeting and key product project meetings and ensure that we identify from procurement all issues/aspects that could be seen as a risk. This might be capacity, capability or cost as we go from project milestone to the Start of Production.
You will work closely together with the RDD Directors or Head of Engineering/ RDD to ensure projects opportunities/risks are being addressed and resolved.
You will work with the Global Procurement Heads to prepare for the Project Milestone Review and Board Reports; this includes cost status, projects risks & mitigation plans.
You will work with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred over, ensuring all deliverables for transfer are completed and ownership and responsibilities of each Category are clearly defined. Where no Sourcing Plan are in place, you and your team will then work the Category to develop sourcing plan and identify lead time for each components, managing the procurement activities from various prototyping or engineering builds planned as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
You will work in collaboration with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, RDD, Finance) to drive cost savings on your projects to meet the PPV target set for the overall Procurement team.
You will drive your team to meet Target and Budget Costs on each project.
You will ensure your team challenged the Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing etc.
You will work closely with Product Cost team on providing components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision. As part of the project life cycle, you will support the work on Engineering Build (EB) Cost.
Reporting overall Procurement progress on Tooling, P&E, and related activities on the projects.
- Degree level qualification or above
- Self motivated, accurate and operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement - at least 8-10 years in a relevant industry preferably in the Automotive / Aerospace / Defence
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Good written communication (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- Strong process manager – to get continuity
- Good understanding of manufacturing and how Dyson operates
- Strong communicator - Interpersonal skills - ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.