Senior Procurement Manager
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Working within RDD Procurement and part of the Global Supply Chain team, the Senior Procurement Manager – Direct Plant and Equipment will lead and develop sourcing of Plant and Equipment (P&E) to support Dyson New Product Development (NPD)
- Lead and develop sourcing of Plant and Equipment (P&E) to support New Product Development (NPD). Ensuring completion to meet project/business needs and start of production.
- Lead the development of designated global category strategies & gain concurrence / consensus across all identified stakeholders.
- Lead the supplier selection and negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team(s) and ensuring best value from the supply base.
- Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate supplier relationship and performance management processes are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence & performance.
- Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group.
- Work closely with the Plant and Equipment SEA team, and develop Procurement strategies to support the Business.
- Degree/CIPS qualified preferred
- Demonstrable experience in Plant and Equipment sourcing and exposure to New Product Development and project milestone processes
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Excellent communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things
- A fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- A proactive approach and are forward thinking. You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions. You plan your time and your projects taking relevant factors into account.
- Assertiveness and negotiation skills
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances