Senior Product Approvals Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and talented Senior Product Approvals Engineer to join our global safety compliance team. Dyson has a rapidly expanding portfolio of products and technologies and has ambitions of selling in over 100 countries. This role is critical to driving design; providing expertise and advice to support business growth. The Senior Product Approvals Engineer is an integral part of the design team; developing new products to satisfy global approvals standards and legislation.
- Ensure products are designed for compliance to relevant product safety standards and reinforce a ‘design for compliance’ approach.
- Be a source of technical expertise global standards and legislation relating to Environmental Control products.
- Work closely with internal departments, Dyson global offices and external certification bodies to deliver third party certifications
- Lead a product category/ small team
- Ensure compliance activities run smoothly using effective planning and reporting tools; highlight risks and escalate issues as relevant
- Contribute to new compliance processes and provide training and guidance
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering or related subject.
- Extensive experience of testing and validating appliances or similar.
- Standards and legislation expertise desirable, preferably consumer products.
- Familiarity with global requirements (e.g. IEC, EN, BSI and UL standards) would be favourable, particularly IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC/EN 60335-2-2, UL 1017, UL 2595 etc.
- Strong Electronic/ engineering knowledge
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and provide design guidance
- Experience of working with external organisations and managing technical data files.