Senior Product Engineer
- Be an expert and mentor to perform failure analysis on production and motor reject
- Act as a mentor in coaching and developing teams of experts into quality, productivity and cycle time improvement projects and drive for result
- Strong knowledge of Root Cause Analysis/ Corrective Action to tackle effectively into problem arises
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Manage a team of experts to plan, organize and test of Dyson Digital Motor products
- Deliverable of achieving production output target with highest production yield best achieved
- Deliverable of achieving scrap cost target with sturdy and sound process control
- Manage a team of experts in work scope of motor tester, product quality, change request, customer return, contract manufacturer, motor life test and engineering lab
- Lead and controlling test capability of monitor, analyze and maintain motor tester on Cpk, GR&R, validation and constantly challenge tester, Knowledge and record of DOE for CTQ to product quality improvement
- Strategize and implement reliable product quality - responsible to instill quality gate, risk assessment on non-compliance, deposition guidance based on statistical quality control (SOC)
- Scrutinize and manage change request - qualification of change, control build assessment on quality and reliability Control and manage waiver - deviation content, corrective action, tracking of motor
- Failure analysis - analyze in aspect of electronic and mechanical, root cause, action, implement
- Crisis management - able to re-assign resources from relevant work scope and deploy effectively when issue arises. Documentation of lesson learnt is required for increasing knowledge of expertise.
- Continuous improvement - An instinct to look for any potential opportunity in any possible elements to and drive for improvement projects in the aspects of quality, productivity and cycle time
- Work and communicate effectively with Production, Equipment, Quality, ROD and Project team to ensure problems are discussed openly in a mature approach. Resolution is based on consistent, collaborative and collective approach
- Leveraging knowledge from product to product - propose reliable resolution based on leverage of
knowledge between products. Able to quickly identify problem with root cause analysis and recommend a solution where it added value of shorter lead time and more robustness.
- Competency management - Senior Product Engineer must ensure that au of the technical issues are well matched to the capability of the individuals within their team
- World class manufacturing standard - Ensure well documentation of Failure Analysis, Operation Procedures, PFMEA, Control Plans and OCAP. Review regularly on GR&R, Cpk/Ppk and SPC on performance index.
- New Product Development - able to make changes to test parameters and specifications based on
statistical DOE and analysis for a better testing margin
- New Product Introduction - able to propose and integrate product expertise into design of manufacturing in new product
- Reporting: Senior Product Engineer is responsible for clear communication of customer defect parts per Million, risk assessment of failure analysis and MLT, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to Line Manager
- Customer return - analyze failure mode and implement corrective action at motor tester or upstream processes
- Contract manufacturer - responsible for 8D, liaise with CM to analyze reject and implement corrective action
- Motor life test- day to day activity, reliability assessment on failure, analyze on failure
- Engineering lab - 5S, calibration, preventative maintenance
- Analysis report - Report on RCA, reliability assessment with reliability department
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilization & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology
- Conduct engineering evaluations or special builds in support of cost reduction initiatives such as alternative
parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc or productivity/quality improvements
- Provide engineering & technical support to operations team to improve overall quality and yield for products assigned & work with functional groups to resolve rejects & scrap.
Degree in Electrical/Electronic /Mechanical/Mechatronic or any other similar Engineering discipline.
Minimum 6 - 12 years working experience in high volume electronics manufacturing
Minimum 3 years in people managing role.
Experience in continuous improvement projects is an advantage Proficiency in 6 Sigma problem solving techniques and familiar with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage.
Proficiency in process control techniques of GR&R, Cpk/Ppk and SPC
Motor and adhesive knowledge will be an added advantage
Good understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
Self motivated. hands on and good team player Ability to work under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to work proactively and to identify issues and propose solutions.