Senior Product Manager
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
This role provides a unique chance to impact our product strategy for new and existing products beyond the one to two year horizon.
You will gain real insight and hands on experience of developing the long term product strategy and will play a vital role by helping to develop new machines across a range of categories
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing. Clarity of message. Vast reach. Constantly engaging in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketeers develop powerful claims through scientific research. And from traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, they seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
- You will develop key product strategies working closely with the engineers and the commercial marketers.
- Mapping out commercial 5-year plans by owning research, market insight and routes-to-market analysis.
- Provide commercial and market input to Research and Design teams to help focus research on the right technologies for future products
- Identify all relevant competitors in the market. Identify key claims, technologies and price points.
- Build business case scenarios to determine potential for new product launches.
- Be the product champion and expert for your category
- Responsible for delivery of the product strategy briefings to the markets to support wider marketing teams and deliver ranges, pricing and volumes for executive sign off
Ideally you will have experience from working in product management previously.
You'll be someone who is genuinely interested in getting under the skin of how the business operates and will be able to logically de-construct an issue or problem and work collaboratively across different teams to meet product deadlines.
You will also be highly analytical and able to analyse large amounts of data quickly.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.