Senior Project Engineer - Electronics
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Electronics team of our automotive function.
You will own the delivery of a particular sub-system from requirements capture, specification and development, working with internal System, HW, SW, packaging, EDS, HMI teams and with suppliers (Tier 1 and 2) for the development, verification and validation of the unit / sub-system and then integration of it into the main system. The role include detailed planning and scheduling to ensure that the unit / sub-system is developed according to the main time plan and that deliverables are achieved on time and to specification. Strong supplier’s management skills are essential as well as the willingness to get the job done.
· Proven track record of requirement capture (preferably using Doors), specification writing, designing, building and testing real time electronics system from concept to production directly or via Tier 1 suppliers
· Ability to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
· Ability to manage Tier 1 suppliers for the development of the units
· Ability to work with Tier 1 suppliers and internal teams (System, HW, SW, Testing, Packaging etc..) for the Verification &Validation and integration development of the unit(s) into the main system
· Proven track records of developing electronics prototypes directly or through third parties (Tier 1 suppliers)
· Solid documentation capability to work with external suppliers
· Excellent communicator
· Able to work in a dynamic and fast pacing environments with a Can Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult)
· Hands on, Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
· Perform project planning and task prioritisation activities to support the project manager.
· Ability to select and work with suppliers.
· Organize and run technical gate reviews
· Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
· Possibly a Chartered Engineer.
· Experience leading the development of electronics units directly and via Tier 1 suppliers
· Some experience of hardware unit design and writing software, with a preference for embedded software/firmware.
· Some experience/appreciation of mechanical packaging.
· An understanding of Robust Design methods, FMEAs, QMS.
· A desire to be hands-on when needed combined with an ability to step back when appropriate.
· Significant experience/appreciation of quality and process assurance.
· Good communication and motivation skills.
· Excellent supplier management capability.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.