Senior Digital Project Manager (12 month FTC)
£Competitive + Bonus + 27 days holiday + Pension + Private Health + Free onsite gym
We are looking for a Digital e-commerce Project Manager, to be part of our management team, and to provide capability to manage a number of content admins, creatives, copy writers and hybris developers. This individual is the face of the programme to both internal programme and external programme teams reporting into a Direct + Digital Programme manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for the end-to-end planning, delivery and embedding of the content on the website along with managing risks and issues associated with this area. The ideal candidate will bring in-depth understanding of digital technologies and process; in addition, they will have a demonstrable track record of delivery and leadership in a time-critical, complicated delivery framework.
It is critical that this individual has delivered from idea to implementation and can therefore pro-actively manage all elements of planning, issues and risk management, and providing guidance and support to other programme and project managers.
This role would suit an individual looking for the opportunity to join a high performing team working within a fast paced environment. It is a really exciting time to be joining the company, in a programme with a unique opportunity to transform a leading global brand.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson are delivering a digital transformation programme, implementing tier 1 strategic platforms across e-commerce/core digital platform, content management, API layer and integration into existing platforms and connected products. As such, new roles have been created for the programme delivery, leading into on-going roles in the Group IT Digital organisation.
The programme will truly transform, implementing a global digital platform including Hybris and Adobe AEM as core components, integrating into SAP CRM and ECC, delivered by the best Dyson talent together with world class systems integrator and creative agency – as well as organisation design and business change across IT and business functions.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Leading all the Digital Leap / Group engagement and communication activities in relation to the project, ensuring relevant and timely information is shared during shaping, design, development, testing, readiness, launch and hyper-care
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder list + comms with the programme manager
- Develop and maintain a communications plan.
Planning, Delivery and Control
- Shape the order and pace of the delivery
- Developing, owning and maintaining an integrated and detailed plan for the capability development until the transition to BAU at the end of hyper-care. Developing and maintaining a level one summary for the capability development plan with key milestones, deliverables and outcomes, and tracking and reporting progress against that plan
- Identifying the critical path for the capability development, key issues and risks, and proactively managing these
- Identifying all critical dependencies/influences for the capability development, including technical, operational, business peak periods and others
- Pro-actively identify and manage the risks and issues arising from the capability development
- Ensure that technical and business elements of a successful development (implied in all the elements above) are equally and adequately represented
- Adhere to the Digital Leap planning and control standards established by the programme manager (reporting, reviews, meetings, resource planning, RAG reporting)
- Provide accurate, timely and frequent information, communications on the status and progress of the European market launches.
- Working closely with the wider Programme team to ensure that dependencies are identified early and deliverables produced and available in-line with the Programme schedule
- Working closely with stakeholders to establish pragmatic approaches that blend the Dyson way with appropriate planning control and organisation
- Supporting continuous learning and improvement activities to identify areas that should be refined
- Proven experience of managing projects and project planning within an established digital commercial brand
- Proven track record of delivering medium scale digital projects (£250k+).
- Experience of delivering projects using a variety of methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodology is a must
- Understanding of digital technology
- Experience of working with creative and content teams on digital platforms
- Proven experience of managing complex partners
- Expert at using Microsoft Project Plan
- Presentation and training skills
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Great problem-solving skills and a track record of work that demonstrates ability to work with tight deadlines
- Proven organisational skills
- Professional Project Management qualification (i.e. PMI, Prince2) is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of digital project tools: JIRA & Confluence (or equivalent)
Your key competencies
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally; at all levels of the organisation with both technical and business stakeholders
- Good influencing skills and excellent skills of persuasion
- Ability to constantly multi-task, and prioritise own and others work according to a changing business environment.
- Strong quality ethic with a real desire to produce top quality content, taking a pride in the work delivered, and striving to exceed expectations
- Remains calm and professional in a fast-paced and often pressured environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- Open, honest and authentic
- A team player
- Flexible manner – quickly understanding the needs of the businesses
- Strong people manager
- Self-motivated, positive, proactive and motivational toward others
- Able to naturally communicate an exceptional customer focus to all around, always encouraging others to adopt the same attitude
- Business travel may also be required to support roll out to territories outside the UK
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
Closing date for applications is 31st August 2018.