Facility Expansion Senior Project Manager - 12 month contract
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product.
Our RDD department supports over 2,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into ground-breaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Take our Smarter Ways of Working recommendations and implement these in areas including our global RDD office HQ in Malmesbury.
- Help evolve smarter ways of working by transforming the workspace and driving change
- Co-ordinating the communication and change elements of our space
- Liaison with key stakeholders to capture project requirements, and translation into specifications.
- Carry out detailed planning with the consultant teams to ensure that projects are delivered on agreed timescales and specification, challenging that specification where applicable.
- Identify and escalate key project risks to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Communicate through reports and meetings the key points/issues and actions associated with a variety of projects.
- Work with the Estates Operations team (Security, Safety, On Site Facilities) to share knowledge, dependencies and ideas
- Co-ordinate project commissioning and sign off
- Produce regular project updates, reports and updates to sharepoint sites to inform all stakeholders of progress
- Extensive experience in project management, particularly with reference to construction projects
- Proven project management capabilities; i.e. planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management, resource management.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of construction processes in order to work with stakeholders throughout the project duration
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft Project software
- CAD skills desirable but not essential
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative
- RDD and/or similar engineering experience