Senior Quality Engineer
This role is based in Singapore and reports to the Product Quality Manager.
Your key objectives are to identify, manage and develop Dyson key Contract Manufacturers (CM) by establishing alignment between Dyson requirements, supplier processes & capabilities and performance metrics. You will engage with Dyson interfacing teams and functions beginning from NPD/I (New Product Development/Introduction) phase for all product categories through to end of product life.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver quality across safety, reliability and satisfaction.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Own/contribute to team/dept level initiatives & change projects.
- Responsible for day to day operational management of a small team, ensuring quality of work and delivery of objectives.
- Takes a proactive approach in the generation of ideas/problem solving - present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Work across Dyson teams to create a Quality culture in everything we do and a 'how can we help' culture.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to embed learnings into working practices and streamlining processes.
- Ensure accurate and effective handovers between teams.
- Responsible for ensuring readiness of quality deliverables for reviews/lessons learnt/CI initiatives.
- Plan resources and leads recruitment for their team.
- Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering with experience in an engineering/quality capacity within a project management and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a design related environment is a must with in-depth knowledge & experience in designing manufactured products.
- Knowledge & understanding of multiple tooling & manufacturing techniques.
- Strong technical background in design methodology such as Monte Carlo analysis and Product Reliability Analysis.
- Experience is required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, DMAIC etc.
- Demonstrate understanding in engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions.
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects from design development to mass production with high levels of success.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.