Senior RF Design Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
As part of the Electronics Wireless Hardware Design team you will work in close cooperation with the Connectivity, Apps and Hardware Design teams to provide end-to-end connected solutions for Dyson products, from early development through to market delivery. You may also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to develop ideas involving novel radio frequency applications.
The role requires a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on new design challenges with a pragmatic approach.
- Design, test and validation of Antennas and RF circuits in the 2.4 – 5GHz range targeted for connected consumer and commercial products.
- Research into new technologies, proposing novel solutions to new & existing design problems.
- Testing wireless hardware solution to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborating with engineering design teams in the UK and South East Asia on new product developments.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensure they are completed according to the appropriate process.
- Proactive adoption of good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
As a Senior engineer you will be an experienced RF designer with practical and commercial experience of antenna design for low-power RF communications. You will be capable of simulating, realising and testing antenna solutions for multiple consumer products and also proficient with RF circuit design and testing the complete solution against regulatory specifications using standard RF test equipment. You will be self-starting, self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond, and have experience with design of RF systems for data connectivity.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of Antenna and RF design through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification related to RF at the PCBA and product levels.
- Experience with 3D simulation tools for antenna modelling plus linear RF simulation tools for PCB validation.
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages.