Senior RF Design Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of the Wireless Hardware Team within the Electronics Group where you will be involved with providing the connectivity hardware solutions integrated across all of Dyson’s product categories.
- As a Senior antenna and RF Engineer your role will involve specification, design, and test of antennas and RF circuits for new products often under challenging mechanical and space constraints.
- While primarily focused on data connectivity in the 2.4 – 5GHz range, you may also be challenged with antenna and circuit design developments across other frequency bands and protocols.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- As part of the Electronics Wireless Hardware Design team you will work in close cooperation with the Connectivity, Apps and Hardware Design teams to provide end-to-end connected solutions for Dyson products, from early development through to market delivery.
- You may also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to develop ideas involving novel radio frequency applications.
- The role requires a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on new design challenges with a pragmatic approach.
- Design, test and validation of Antennas and RF circuits in the 2.4 – 5GHz range targeted for connected consumer and commercial products.
- Research into new technologies, proposing novel solutions to new & existing design problems.
- Testing wireless hardware solution to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborating with engineering design teams in the UK and South East Asia on new product developments.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensure they are completed according to the appropriate process.
- Proactive adoption of good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
- As a Senior engineer you will be an experienced RF designer with practical and commercial experience of antenna design for low-power RF communications.
- You will be capable of simulating, realising and testing antenna solutions for multiple consumer products and also proficient with RF circuit design and testing the complete solution against regulatory specifications using standard RF test equipment.
- You will be self-starting, self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions.
- Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond, and have experience with design of RF systems for data connectivity.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of Antenna and RF design through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification related to RF at the PCBA and product levels.
- Experience with 3D simulation tools for antenna modelling plus linear RF simulation tools for PCB validation.
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines